- PT Receives the 2017 Regents’ Award The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia selected the Department of Physical Therapy for the 2017 Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for Departments and Programs. “This award recognizes our faculty’s contributions to our students and to our university through outstanding teaching,” says Andrew Butler, acting department chair. “Our faculty and students contribute… more »News
- PT Students Take Final Clinical in Italy Three third year DPT students are completing their final 10-week clinical rotation at Istituto Prosperius in Italy. The students focus primarily on neurological and orthopedic patients during this international internship. The Georgia State students pictured with other DPT students from around the United States are Alondra Scarbough, on the far left; then Karen Im Huang;… more »News
- Taking the 2016 PTAG Conference by Storm Georgia State’s Department of Physical Therapy made an impressive showing at the 2016 Physical Therapy Association of Georgia (PTAG) fall conference in October. Boasting the largest student attendance, Georgia State also presented the most posters, with seven different student groups sharing research. Two third-year D.P.T. students, Caroline (Carly) Waters and Lindsay Mishaw, received awards… more »News
- Researcher Receives NIH Grant to Study Development of Novel Muscle Actuated Prostheses Brad Farrell, PhD., assistant professor of physical therapy, researches ways to improve the function of hand prostheses. His work is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in a subcontract with the Georgia Institute of Technology. Farrell, who earned his PhD at Georgia Tech and worked there as a graduate research assistant in prosthetics… more »News
- DPT Students Mark Educational Milestones On September 9, the first Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) students received their personalized white lab coats and second-year students honored the human cadaver donors in the combined White Coat and Remembrance Ceremony. This unique ceremony, which is hosted by the second-year DPT students, marks the end of formal anatomy studies and the beginning of… more »News
- Class of 2016 Spotlight: Nick Housley A major bicycling wreck changed the course of Nick Housley’s career. A 2012 U.S. Olympic cycling team hopeful, Housley suffered a traumatic brain injury and severe facial injuries. In rehabilitation, he was exposed to behavioral interventions, causing him to trade his plans for medical school for a doctor of physical therapy degree. Now, Housley is… more »News
AccreditationPhysical Therapist Program Georgia State University having demonstrated substantial compliance with the Evaluative Criteria For Accreditation has been granted Accreditation May 2, 2012 – June 30, 2022.
The Physical Therapy program at Georgia State University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org.