- First Years Receive White Coats at Annual Ceremony Forty-four members of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2020 received their white coats at the annual White Coat Ceremony and Service of Remembrance on October 26. Receiving the white coats marks the students’ transition to clinical education and professional status as developing healthcare providers. Starting the ceremony, a second-year student and class president… more »News
- PT Graduate Students Win Second Lewis School Grad Research Conference The Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions held the second annual Graduate Research Conference on April 10, with 27 posters presented by more than 30 students in all four of the current graduate-level academic areas of nursing, nutrition, physical therapy and respiratory therapy. Congratulations this year’s winners of the Lewis School Graduate… more »News
- Striding for Success Ashley Miller is a doctoral student in Physical Therapy. She is also a member of Georgia State University’s Women’s Track and Field team. The challenge of balancing coursework, training and competing? She is taking it in stride. “I’m competitive by nature,” she says. “I like pushing myself to be the best I can be.” Ashley… more »News
- PT Receives the 2017 Regents’ Award The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia selected the Department of Physical Therapy for the 2017 Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for Departments and Programs. “This award recognizes our faculty’s contributions to our students and to our university through outstanding teaching,” says Andrew Butler, acting department chair. “Our faculty and students contribute… more »News
- PT Students Take Final Clinical in Italy Three third year DPT students are completing their final 10-week clinical rotation at Istituto Prosperius in Italy. The students focus primarily on neurological and orthopedic patients during this international internship. The Georgia State students pictured with other DPT students from around the United States are Alondra Scarbough, on the far left; then Karen Im Huang;… more »News
- Taking the 2016 PTAG Conference by Storm Georgia State’s Department of Physical Therapy made an impressive showing at the 2016 Physical Therapy Association of Georgia (PTAG) fall conference in October. Boasting the largest student attendance, Georgia State also presented the most posters, with seven different student groups sharing research. Two third-year D.P.T. students, Caroline (Carly) Waters and Lindsay Mishaw, received awards… more »News
AccreditationPhysical Therapist Program Georgia State University having demonstrated substantial compliance with the Evaluative Criteria For Accreditation has been granted Accreditation May 2, 2012 – June 30, 2022.
The Physical Therapy program at Georgia State University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org.