Frequently Asked Questions
Georgia State University offers a clinical entry-level doctorate in physical therapy. Upon completion, graduates are eligible to take the national licensure exam. Students are accepted into the program once a year to begin the program in summer semester. It is your responsibility to submit all materials in enough advance. Certain components have to be verified and received, and these processes take time. Admission decisions are based on materials and coursework completed at the time of application. Your application packet must be received and verified by the deadline.
- Complete the Graduate Application for Georgia State University(biographical portion only) and pay $50 fee electronically.
- Complete the entire PTCAS application and pay their subsequent fees.
- Residency form (included in the online application)
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION (collect and submit your prerequisite form to this address:)
Georgia State University
Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing & Health Professions
PO Box 3995
Atlanta, GA 30302-3995
- Send your sealed transcripts to PTCAS and if accepted, please only send transcripts to GSU if you are completing your Bachelor’s before the program start date (i.e. May of your program start year).
- Send your GRE scores electronically to Georgia State via ETS.
- Prerequisite form (5 of the 9 courses must be completed at the time you apply. Please list your prerequisites on the prerequisites form, but do not calculate your prerequisite GPA.)
Overall GPA- 3.7036
GRE Quantitative score- 155
GRE Verbal score- 155.2
GRE Analytical score- 4.26
Average Prerequisite (science) GPA- 3.688
For an application to be reviewed, your application packet must be complete, submitted, and verified before by the admissions deadline.