- Department of Physical Therapy Welcomes a New Chair The Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions welcomes Sujay Galen, PT, Ph.D., FHEA as the new academic chair of the Department of Physical Therapy. Galen joins the faculty as an associate professor from Wayne State University where he served as the interim program director of physical therapy. Galen brings international clinical and… more »News
- PT Students Take Top Awards in Lewis College Graduate Research Day During the third annual Lewis College Graduate Research Day April 16, a team from the Department of Physical Therapy took first place. Jake Jensen, doctor of physical therapy student, and his team of DPT classmates placed first at the Lewis College Graduate Research Day for their research “MRI Evaluation of Quadracep Muscle Atrophy Following an… more »News
- Mixing Business and Play Makes for a Successful PT Conference Students and faculty researchers made a mark on the 2018 American Physical Therapy Association Combined Sections Meeting with a record 11 research presentations, including three podium presentations by students. The student researchers presented on topics ranging from cost-effective rehabilitation for rural Veteran stroke survivors to the effect of arm muscle strengthening to improve function in… more »News
- First Years Receive White Coats at Annual Ceremony Forty-four members of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2020 received their white coats at the annual White Coat Ceremony and Service of Remembrance on October 26. Receiving the white coats marks the students’ transition to clinical education and professional status as developing healthcare providers. Starting the ceremony, a second-year student and class president… more »News
- PT Receives the 2017 Regents’ Award The Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia selected the Department of Physical Therapy for the 2017 Regents’ Teaching Excellence Award for Departments and Programs. “This award recognizes our faculty’s contributions to our students and to our university through outstanding teaching,” says Andrew Butler, acting department chair. “Our faculty and students contribute… more »News
- Taking the 2016 PTAG Conference by Storm Georgia State’s Department of Physical Therapy made an impressive showing at the 2016 Physical Therapy Association of Georgia (PTAG) fall conference in October. Boasting the largest student attendance, Georgia State also presented the most posters, with seven different student groups sharing research. Two third-year D.P.T. students, Caroline (Carly) Waters and Lindsay Mishaw, received awards… more »News
AccreditationPhysical Therapist Program Georgia State University having demonstrated substantial compliance with the Evaluative Criteria For Accreditation has been granted Accreditation May 2, 2012 – June 30, 2022.
The Physical Therapy program at Georgia State University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: [email protected]; website: http://www.capteonline.org.